Terms and Conditions of #whopperyourselfie campaign
1) This competition commences on 15 January 2014 and entries closes at 11h59 pm on 31 January 2014.
2) This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa. You are not eligible to participate in this competition if:
a. You are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of The Promoter, its affiliates/divisions/subsidiaries or any other person who supplies goods or services in connection with the competition;
b. You are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of any franchised outlet of the Promoter;
c. You are a spouse, life partner, parent, child or sibling, immediate family member, business partner or associate of the persons specified in 2 (a) and (b) above;
3) By entering the competition, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions.
4) To enter,
4. 1. Find a WhopperYourSelfie advert, being either digital, printed, promotional, experiential.
4.2. Take a selfie with your cell phone/camera, with the code and WhopperYourSelfie element clearly visible in the photo.
4.3. Entry via Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/burgerkingza): tweet your selfie image with the hashtag #whopperyourselfie followed with the unique selfie number. (Please make sure there is a space between the hashtag and the number)
- Entry via Facebook: post your selfie image to the Promoter’s South Africa Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/BurgerKingSouthAfrica as a public post and add the selfie number in your post text.
- Entry via Twitter: tweet your selfie image with the hashtag #whopperyourselfie followed with the unique selfie number. (Please make sure there is a space between the hashtag and the number)
- You can also enter the competition via email: send your selfie image to firstname.lastname@example.org and add the selfie number as your subject.
5) All “WhopperYourSelfie” adverts are located in Gauteng in the areas provided in the clues given on the social media sites and microsite.
6) Each “WhopperYourSelfie” advert has a unique code which must be visible in the photograph entered.
7) The winner of each unique coded “WhopperYourSelfie” advert is the first valid entry received by the Promoter.
8) Participants are limited to 5 winning entries per person; should participants enter into a tie, both parties will be considered as winners based on the first successful entry.
9) Prizes are only redeemable during the stores trading hours on the 1 February 2014 at the new Burger King branches in Gauteng. Prizes not redeemed on the 1 February 2014 at the stated locations will be forfeited.
10) Should the Burger King branch stipulated in the voucher not be able to accommodate the winner's redemption within the stipulated times mentioned in point 9, the winner will be redirected to an alternate store chosen by the promoter or its agents on that day only
11) Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering;
12) The selfie must have a file size less than 2 MB;
13) The prize is not transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
14) Each winner may be required to take part in publicity which includes but not limited to publishing and distributing any and all details of the winner and or to take pictures and or videos of the winner or use the winners details or photographs and or videos in any advertising or promotional material without any liability on the part of the Promoter and participation in the competition is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. Participants will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of the Promoter.
15) The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, temporarily suspend or amend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control or technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. In the event where this competition is cancelled or suspended, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoter or its affiliates.
16) Neither the Promoter nor its affiliates shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by an entrant of this prize draw and/or participant in the prize offered.
17) Under no circumstances shall the Promoter or its affiliates be liable to anyone who enters this competition for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to the competition, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of neither the Promoter nor its affiliates.
18) By entering into this competition, the participant agrees that the following intellectual property rights in and to materials included in any entry (even if not selected as the winning entry) shall belong exclusively to the Promoter to the extent permitted by law: a. the right to publish, copy and making the material accessible to the public; b. the right to modify the material in order to publish, copy or to make it accessible to the public. The participant agrees to assign, or to procure the assignment, to the Promoter of all such right, title and interest in and to such intellectual property rights. The participant further agrees to execute, or procure the execution of, such documents and do, and procure the doing of, all such acts or things as are required for the purpose of giving effect to this assignment. The participants are not entitled to any compensation in return for the assignment of rights pursuant this clause.
19) By entering into this competition, the participant represents that the picture is that of the participant and that use of the entry by the Promoter or any other company or entity designated by the Promoter and its affiliates will not infringe any third parties intellectual property rights.
20) By entering into this competition, the participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter (or any other company or entity designated by the Promoter) and its affiliates, from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) by a third party relating to the use of the entry by the Promoter (or any other company or entity designated by the Promoter), arising out of participant’s breach of these Terms.
21) It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that its entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. The Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by them, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, the Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
22) The winners will be notified by means of the entry platform used by the winner. If the winner does not respond to the notification sent in respect of claiming the prize on or before 12pm on 1 February 2014, the winner will forfeit the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion.
23) Successful entrants will be notified of their win within 48 hours. Non-winners will not be notified. The operating times will be effective as of 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 10.00am to 4.00pm Saturday to Sunday.
24) By entering your photograph(s) into this competition, you take full responsibility for publishing your work in a public domain and the Promoter and its affiliates will not be held responsible should your images be downloaded and used by a third party for any reason.
25) The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
26) The participant acknowledges that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
27) If any part of any clause or any clause in these Terms is found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that part of the clause or clause shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining clauses shall continue in full force and effect.
28) For purposes hereof, “Promoter” means Burger King South Africa (Pty) Ltd and "affiliates" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
29) The Promoter and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
30) It is prohibited to reproduce or publish anything relating to the competition without the prior explicit written consent of the Promoter.
31) Neither the Promoter nor its affiliates is responsible or liable for costs or expenses of the participant in connection with or relating to participating in the competition. This includes but is not limited to the costs of the use of internet which are for the account of the participant.